Located in Franklin County, Union Hall is a charming lakeside community tucked up against the majesty of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Locals here enjoy the best of country life with plenty of open space, fresh air, and gorgeous views of the mountains and Smith Mountain Lake.
With just over 1,000 permanent residents, Union Hall has all the quaint charms of a small town where people are friendly and neighbors know each other.
There are great schools near the area, and easy access to nearby retail centers, making Union Hall an ideal choice for just about everyone. The town promises enjoyable days spent in idyllic peace and quiet.
Real estate options in Union Hall are diverse. Whatever your needs, you will surely find a piece of property that will suit you to a tee, among them:
- Cozy single-family homes
- Ranch-style homes with more than enough space for entertaining
- A serene traditional-style house right by the water
All housing options are reasonably priced and well maintained.
The median average of real estate in Union Hall currently hovers at just above $400,000.
Activities and attractions
- Take your boat for a spin and go fishing Virginia’s second largest lake. There are many professional guides who operate around Smith Mountain Lake.
- Check out beautiful handmade mosaics and stained glass art in a picturesque 5-acre barn at Gallery in the Pines. You will get to see firsthand the artwork made by national artist Patty VonDolson at the gallery.
- The Pelican Point Yacht Club, founded in 1974, covers nearly 18 acres of park-like space as well as a one-half mile of shoreline, along which are 134 boat slips. Customers and visitors can enjoy clubhouse facilities like swimming pools, and even a bath house. The Pelican Point Yacht Club also takes pride in its exceptional service staff.
- A local favorite, Grand Pizzeria Italian Lounge and Restaurant caps your day by serving all-time favorites like pizza, subs, lasagna, and more. All meals are hearty and affordable.
For more details, contact real estate expert Jane Sullivan Horne at 540.493.1690 or email Jane(at)JaneAtTheLake(dotted)com. Jane has specialized in residential properties at Smith Mountain Lake since 1986.