Lynchburg Metropolitan Area
In the James River Valley, east of the Blue Ridge Mountains, lies the Lynchburg Metropolitan Area, a lovely regionsurrounded by hilltops and views of the Blue Ridge and Appalachian mountains.
Around 240,000 residents reside in this area, which is about 50 miles east of Roanoke. The Lynchburg Metropolitan Area is made up of four counties, namely Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, and Campbell, plus the independent city of Lynchburg. Of its many districts, five are listed in the National Register of Historic Districts.
A lot of residents are employed in steel pipe and furniture manufacturing, as well as health care. There are also many small businesses in the area.
Lynchburg is a dynamic metropolitan area composed of gorgeous buildings and homes. Many residences have elegant exteriors, professionally landscaped lawns, and charming finishes all over the property.
Classic Cape Cod and Ranch styles are also prominent in the area. The homes are typically low-key, but without scrimping on features such as:
- Chef’s kitchens with high-end granite countertops
- Elegant formal dining rooms
- Relaxing sunrooms with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Private landscaped backyards and sparking pools
- Custom cabinetry and updated vanities
- Butler’s pantriesand laundry/utility rooms
- Entertainment and game rooms
There are large European-style estates in Lynchburg. Some equestrian properties are also available, with large open areas and barns that can be converted into garages.
French and Greek Revival influences can also be seen in Lynchburg’s buildings and homes.
Activities and attractions
- Amazement Square is a favorite among Lynchburg families. The facility hosts lots of creative and educational activities that people of all ages can try. The children’s museum brings loads of fun for everyone from toddlers and teens.
- Old City Cemetery is the oldest public cemetery in Virginia, with graves dating back to the 1800s. Some of the personalities buried in the cemetery can be found here.
People can take a tour of the place, learn about its history, enjoy a picnic, or just soak in the peace of the site.
- The area has several colleges and universities, including Randolph College, Lynchburg College, and Liberty University.
For more details, contact real estate expert Jane Sullivan Horne at 540.493.1690 or email Jane(at)JaneAtTheLake(dotted)com. Jane has specialized in residential properties at Smith Mountain Lake since 1986.