Investing in Smith Mountain Lake Real Estate
Smith Mountain Lake presents an amazing real estate investment opportunity for keen-minded individuals who want to get the best value for their money.
With 500 miles of amazing shoreline, lakefront properties abound in choice locations.
The rolling countryside that surrounds the lake offers various real estate-related investment opportunities, too.
Investment opportunities at Smith Mountain Lake
The lakeside communities here serve as an idyllic setting for:
- Retirement-minded individuals who want to enjoy their golden years to the full
- Buyers in the market for vacation homes with great rental potential
- Families looking for recreational property
While Smith Mountain Lake is far removed from the stress of city life, it’s got every modern convenience you could ever want.
It is also just 45 minutes from downtown Roanoke and boasts:
- A sizeable number of retail options
- 2 modern supermarkets
- Local stores and boutiques
- Medical facilities like clinics and the region’s heart and trauma center, which is 30 to 45minutes away by car
- An urgent care center and an evacuation helicopter standing ready at Westlake
Homes at Smith Mountain Lake
The lake offers a wide range of housing types at a very affordable price range. From houses ready for occupancy, waterfront condominiums, stately lakefront homes, to undeveloped land, the real estate choices are as diverse as can be.
In recent years, the most popular listings have included:
- Lakefront or lakefront-access condominiums
- Lakefront townhomes
- Lakefront or lakefront-access single-family homes
- Country homes, farms and acreage
Why invest here
Smith Mountain Lake is perhaps one of the most idyllic locations in the state of Virginia. The entrepreneurial can turn the community’s many strengths into business opportunities.
For example, as a popular tourist destination, Smith Mountain Lake is always in need of more vacation rentals to accommodate the influx of visitors drawn to the “Jewel of the Blue Ridge Mountain.”
During the peak summer holiday season, from June to August, vacation homes can command as much as $4,000 a week. Rentals with docks and boats can even charge extra.
Viewed as a cheaper alternative to traditional lodging, vacation home rentals offer a great chance to make money off of your purchase.
To find out more about investing in Smith Mountain Lake Real Estate, contact real estate expert Jane Sullivan Horne at 540.493.1690 or email
Jane has been specializing in luxury residential properties at Smith Mountain Lake since 1986.